The Fare-well Trust provides support for those who choose to die at home in the Marlborough Sounds. We have palliative care nurses and an amicus mortis, but also need volunteers to help with everything from providing baking, to helping families with chores, picking up equipment or supplies, moral support etc.
More about Fare-Well Trust (not all provided by volunteers):
• Provides support and care for the family and close friends during the patient’s illness and in bereavement.
• Supports patient and their loved ones in those final hours if needed.
• Helps with planning end-of-life wishes.
• Provides the family with options for transportation of the deceased, funeral preparations, or cremation services.
• Massage including Lymphatic Drainage.
• Overnight respite.
• Funeral/memorial or cremation services on request.
Must be able to deliver in the Marlborough Sounds.
Honest and reliable
✅ Volunteers will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 for this role.
Varied. Never very often and not a regular thing.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.