Requirements for registration
- Any non-profit, charitable organisation, or group offering volunteer placement can register as a member with Volunteer Marlborough provided that these groups have reasonable volunteer programme policies, or are actively working towards creating and implementing these policies
- Social enterprises or other entities/ groups / joint ventures can apply for membership provided that the majority of their profit or surplus is reinvested in a mission that is social, cultural or environmental
- Volunteer Marlborough will only accept membership from organisations that have a current health and safety policy and plan. All referred volunteers must be orientated to the organisation and their roles – this must include a health and safety induction
- Member organisations are expected to provide all volunteers with job descriptions, training, supervision, support, recognition and the reimbursement of agreed out-of-pocket expenses
- Organisations not conforming to legislation on human rights will not qualify for membership
- Volunteers will be referred to organisations to supplement, extend or reinforce services. Volunteers must not take the place of paid staff or fill positions for which funding is available or was a paid position within the previous six (6) months
- Volunteer Marlborough reserves the right to decline membership to, or to remove or suspend membership of, organisations that do not meet the above criteria.
If you do not meet all of the above criteria - please get in touch. Volunteer Marlborough is happy to provide information and support to strengthen your volunteer programme, and help you move towards meeting our membership requirements.
Please confirm your understanding and acceptance of the above: