Are you a new trustee looking for clarity about your role and responsibilities?
Are you an experienced trustee who wants to keep up-to-date with new ways of doing things?
Are you a Manager who wants to know what you can reasonably expect from your Board?
Join us for a one-day workshop on 'Getting Started With Governance' - a practical guide to governance without all the fluff and jargon.
In this workshop you will discover:
Common Models for Non-Profit Governance:
- Policeman, Partner, and Pilot
- What model does your Board currently use?
- Is this still the right model for your organisation?
- If not, how can you shift from where you are to where you want to be?
- Board Roles and Responsibilites
- What does this look like in a real sense? Who does what?
- What is the purpose of a Strategic Plan....really?
- Expectations for Trustees
- What can be reasonably expected from individual trustees?
- What behaviours should trustees demonstrate on a consistent basis?
- Best Practice Governance
- What are practices that ensure Boards are working at their highest level?
- How do you measure up?
About the Facilitator:
Kerri Tilby-Price has been involved with the community sector for 20 years and has worked as a Manager, Trustee, and Consultant with organisations of varying size and scale. She knows that a strong Board can be the difference between and organisation surviving and thriving, and is passionate about sharing best practice governance in a practical way.
She is a sought after facilitator and has a down to earth approach that makes the 'fluff and jargon' easy to understand and implement. She is a Member of the Fundraising Institute of NZ and the NZ Association of Training and Development. Her workshops are always fun, practical, and designed to make a difference.
*LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED*